A parabola is a plane curve which is mirror-symmetrical and is U shaped. Also, a parabola is the locus of points that are equidistant from its directrix (a line) and focus (a point).
Here are the common conventions for the parabola bins.
Bins in Two Dimensions
- The ContourPlot method plots the parabola in blue.
- The vertex is the blue point.
- The focus is the black point.
- The directrix is the dark green dashed line.
- The latus rectum is the brown dashed line.
- The point on the parabola (if used) is in orange.
- You can manually zoom out of the graph.
- Plots the parabola given by its coefficients.
- Finds the parabola given by its focus and directrix.
- Finds the parabola given by its vertex and focus.
- Finds the parabola given by its vertex and a point on the parabola.